Brand: Second Skin
- MLV SOUND BARRIER: Luxury Liner Pro is a 3/8 inch thick, mass loaded vinyl noise barrier designed to stop road, exhaust, and engine noise. This dense MLV acoustic barrier is 1.25 lb per sq foot and used in cars, trucks, Jeeps, and SUVs.
- MASS LOADED VINYL & CLOSED CELL FOAM: By fusing a raw virgin mass loaded vinyl (MLV) noise blocking product with a decoupling layer of high density closed cell foam, this automotive insulation sheet will block sound about as well as a wall in your house.
- DURABLE THERMAL INSULATION: Luxury Liner Pro is odorless, flexible, and heat resistant up to 180 F. Its high R-value (4.45 per inch) makes it an excellent heat insulation mat. Combine MLV with a sound deadener (like Damplifier Pro) to 2x results and get the best combination of heat and sound insulation money can buy.
- PROTECT YOUR VEHICLE: The goal is a 100% unbroken barrier covering the car’s firewall (cabin side), floor, and trunk. Each sheet is 9 Sq Ft (2 ft by 4.5 ft) so several may be needed for 100% coverage – measure your car. Apply a strong adhesive to the top of the sound deadening product and the foam side of the Luxury Liner Pro. Do not hang this product roof or hood.
- PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA and endorsed by Chad Utt of WEST COAST CUSTOMS
Publisher: Second Skin Audio
Second Skin Audio has specialized in premium sound and thermal insulation products for vehicles for almost 20 years. Luxury Liner Pro is a durable, high quality noise blocker and thermal insulator, making it perfect for almost any vehicle. While this product is excellent for airborne noise, it will not deaden the structural borne rattles made by the car's metal. We recommend combining it with a quality sound deadener (like our Damplifier Pro) to truly turn your car into a luxury vehicle.
APPLICATION ADVICE: While you are going to need to make some cuts in Luxury Liner Pro, we recommend creating as few gaps for noise to travel through as possible. Use the product's flexibility to work it around the contours of your vehicle - a little limpness is good. A limp barrier stops sound better than a rigid one. We also recommend taping the seams between the sheets to prevent them from opening up and letting sound and heat through. Make sure you have 3/8" of clearance anywhere you install Luxury Liner Pro.